South Asia Regional Advocacy Framework and Resource Guide: HIV, Human Rights and Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity27 Jun 2014
This South Asia Regional Advocacy Framework and Resource Guide was developed to assist organizations in South Asia to work together on advocacy priorities for removing the legal and policy barriers that prevent MSM and transgender people from enjoying the right to the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health, particularly in relation to access to HIV prevention, treatment and care. It is focused as much on governments and national AIDS Programmes as it is on community organizations, as partnerships between governments and civil society have proven to be an effective vehicle for change in this area. It provides the background commitments, guidelines and evidence that can support advocacy efforts and a process that groups and individuals can follow to identify what needs to change, who they can work in partnership with and what strategies they can use.
This publication was originally published in September 2013 and has been updated in June 2014.
Download this Document
- South Asia Regional Advocacy Framework and Resource Guide: HIV, Human Rights and Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity English
- Afghanistan Advocacy Framework English
- Bangladesh Advocacy Framework English
- Bhutan Advocacy Framework English
- Nepal Advocacy Framework English
- Pakistan Advocacy Framework English
- Sri Lanka Advocacy Framework English
- India Advocacy Framework English