Indonesia: One-stop web application to deliver service
Being the backbone of UN business operations in Indonesia, UNDP is committed to seek the most cost-effective administrative system to deliver high-quality common services.
In 2013 alone, the Country Office’s 16 operational staff handled an overwhelming number of 12,000 transactions, ranging from billings to keeping track of orders. The service requests came from dozens of UNDP projects and UN agencies whose project offices are spread out across Indonesia.
Hence, the Operational Team of UNDP Indonesia, with the technical support from SCM, has developed the ‘One Click Web System’ – an integrated business solution to speed up the delivery of common services to our clients. The process of development is documented with the timeline below:
The One Click Web Application has been tested numerous times to produce perfect accuracy and it features:
- Online request system
- Automated billing service and report
- Dashboard and service tracking tool
- Workload distribution tool
- Connection to the existing ATLAS system
- Online feedback form for clients to allow continuous improvement
The results? No more complicated and time-consuming business process that would bog down the team’s productivity. Improvements are in various ways include:
- Timeliness (time spent on manual billing against automated billing) ensured of billing submission to Agency;
- Risk reduced from possible losses due to missing charges;
- Workload Analysis enabled for each operations Unit; and
- Timely report provided for management to review key critical process to support delivery of programme
UN programmes wouldn’t exist without business operations and vice versa. A smooth business operation would help the UN to deliver its core mandates in Indonesia – supporting the development process for the people of Indonesia.
Page last updated: May 13, 2015