The N-Peace Awards 2014: Join the search for inspirational stories of peace in Asia!
Bangkok, March 24: The N-Peace Awards shine a light on the tireless and often unrecognized efforts of both women and men who work with communities across Asia to achieve lasting peace.
In its fourth year, N-Peace is excited to announce two new countries – Pakistan and Myanmar – and four new categories in the 2014 N-Peace Awards.
The achievements of women at the grassroots will continue to be celebrated with the ‘Untold stories – women transforming their communities’ awards that are selected online by the public.
The four new categories will recognize work by the media, by a peace mobilizer at the national or regional level, by a young peacebuilder, and by an organization with a successful and innovative approach to community peacebuilding.
Nominations are opening on 31 March.
We encourage you to applaud the efforts of women and men in your community who strive for peace by nominating them for a 2014 N-Peace Award!
The 2014 N-Peace Award Categories:
Category I: Untold stories – women transforming their communities
This award recognizes the efforts of women who have demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and prevention and peacebuilding in their communities. Public voting will determine one winner in each of the six participating countries.
Category II: Breaking stereotypes – women and media
This award recognizes the work of a woman whose voice and persistence in the media has encouraged a transformation in attitudes about women and their roles in peacebuilding, peace processes, and conflict prevention.
Category III: Campaigning for action – women and men mobilizing for peace
This award recognizes the work of a woman or man whose mobilization and advocacy efforts have resulted in the advancement of women, peace and security issues.
Category IV: The peace generation – young women and men building peace
This award recognizes the work of a young woman or man whose efforts in policy change, advocacy and mobilization, media communications, or community action have resulted in the advancement of women, peace and security issues.
Category V: Thinking outside the box – bringing new solutions to persistent problems
This award recognizes the work of an organization that has successfully transformed one or more communities and their ability to prevent or resolve conflict and violence.
More information about the awards and the nomination process can be found here: 2014 N-Peace Awards
- 16 Aug 2016:Unlocking youth potential, planning for the coming era of ageing, are key to sustainable future for Asia-Pacific
- 27 Jul 2016:Top 'open government' initiatives from Asia Pacific showcased at regional dialogue
- 18 Jul 2016:From shorter bus queues to safer cities for women and girls, winners of the Big Ideas Competition announced
- RIO+ Young Journalists are attending The Global Summit! The calls to action are: ...to bring the best of your gifts to the table... ...to build a more socially and environmentally just future... ...for 100% of humanity and all life that calls this planet Home. The Global Summit V ~ #Rio 2016: Game On! “The truth of our absolute interconnectedness is no longer deniable. It is time for all of us to come to terms with the current scientific reality of our earth, to get real, so that we are able to move forward in a productive and concerted way. For how can we morally hold an Olympic Games when there is so much suffering in the world, human and otherwise, much of it by our own hands – unless it draws attention to the plight of others less fortunate than ourselves?” - Artist in Action, Paul Roux for TheGlobalSummit.org Intersection Themes: - Climate Economics: Uprooting the root causes (Sustainable energy, ecosystems, regenerative business models) - Education for All: Time to level the playing field (How to transform our education systems for an equitable future) - Whole Health: From the inside out (Water, food, medicine & environmental impact--Designing conscious lifestyles) - Thriving Cities: O Jeitinho & people of place (Urban permaculture, meaningful work, transforming crime to creativity) #EmpoweringHumanity #TGSV #TheGlobalSummit #Rio2016 #SDGs #ODS #sustainabledevelopment #sustainability Programa das Nações Unidas para o Desenvolvimento - PNUD Brasil United Nations Development Programme - UNDP Museu de Ciências da Terra 5 hours ago
- At approximately 0900 this morning we posted this and it magically disappeared from Facebook --- If you think communications in #SouthAfrica are not already being maliciously tampered with by #Zuma - think again. A perfect case in point is the fact that this evening the Daily Maverick website "crashed" after it broke the news earlier today that #PravinGordhan has been summoned by the #Hawks as part of a malicious witch hunt by the #Zuptas to try get #Gordhan out the way so that they can push through corrupt #SAA , #Eskom , #Uranium & #Nuclear deals which will further plunder & #rape the economy Anyway - back to our post from this morning which "magically" disappeared.... The video below is a reminder to the #ANC #NEC as to WHY they lost #CapeTown #Tshwane & #Johannesburg metros in the recent elections....Watch and realize that "we the people" are sick & tired of theft, corruption & apartheid style governance - The #ANC must not cry when it is dead ---- we warned you - #ZumaMustFall #Rand #ZAR #PortElizabeth #HumanRightsViolations #MediaBlackout Facebook Mark Zucke͏rbe͏rg United Nations Human Rights Campaign Security Alec Economic Freedom Fighters Democratic Alliance 6 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook