- South-South Knowledge Exchange – Youth Volunteering for the SDGs Jun 29, 2017
- Valerie Cliff: Speech at the Regional Workshop on Business and Human Rights: Moving ahead with National Action Plans in ASEAN. Jun 1, 2017
Helen Clark: Speech at the Opening Session of the 2017 Regional Management Meeting for UNDP’s Regional Bureau for Asia-Pacific
Mar 9, 2017
The world’s ‘centre of economic gravity’ has shifted towards Asia and the Pacific. The region’s tremendous GDP growth, over 7.5 per cent per annum on average over the period 1990-2015, has transformed economies and people’s lives. Except for just three countries, the region is now comprised of either middle or high-income countries. Asia-Pacific’s share of global GDP is now over thirty per cent, and is expected to rise to 55 per cent by 2050.
Haoliang Xu: Speech on "The Changing Role of UNDP in Asia-Pacific" at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs
Feb 16, 2017
As the global development architecture continues to change, UNDP is evolving from a donor into an advisor and development service provider.
- Haoliang Xu: Plenary Address At The Responsible Business Forum Nov 23, 2016
- Ban Ki-moon: Message To Responsible Business Forum On Sustainable Development Nov 22, 2016
Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the Death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej
Oct 13, 2016
The Secretary-General expresses his deep condolences to the Royal family, Government and people of Thailand on the passing of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- Haoliang Xu: Welcoming Remark at the Presentation of the 2015 Report on the Sustainable Development of Chinese Enterprises Overseas Sep 30, 2016
Haoliang Xu: Speech at the CSR Asia Summit 2016
Sep 27, 2016
Achieving the SDGs is a historic undertaking. According to the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), between $3.3 trillion and $4.5 trillion a year in government spending, private investments and aid will be needed to meet the targets.
Haoliang Xu: Keynote Address at the Symposium on 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development ‘Leave No One Behind’
Sep 22, 2016
The main purpose of the Symposium is to bring together key government officials, leading think tanks, development practitioners and partners from diverse backgrounds to share ideas and knowledge on how to move forward effectively in the ASEAN region to address the twin principles and challenges of ‘Leaving No One Behind’ (2030 Agenda) and ‘People-Centered’ development (Vision 2025).